There are over 293 classrooms and class laboratories supported by CSS at UNT. Each is equipped with a data projector, computer, and connections for a laptop computer or video source. Each room’s equipment is operated in the same manner.
Learning to Use CSS Equipment:
- "Hands on" -- go to a room and try it out
- Learn from another instructor
- Schedule an individual or group session with CSS (565-2691) in the room of your choice
Selecting a Source to Display:
- To select the display source for the projector, use the "Projector Remote" program on the installed computer's desktop. Click on "Computer”, “Laptop”, “Visualizer” or "Video".
Using a Laptop Computer:
- If you plan to connect your laptop computer to the Internet from a room, plan ahead. Some of the necessary setup steps could take several days to complete:
- You will need a data cable, which is available from Data Communications.
- Your laptop computer must be set up to access the Internet from the building where you will be using it. Contact your college/school computer support personnel for assistance.
- Video (and audio) cables for your laptop computer are available from CSS at no charge.
- Be sure to know how to activate the laptop computer's external monitor.
- CSS assistance is readily available during most classes, including night classes. In emergencies, we can frequently help over the phone.
- If there is a problem with room furniture (desks, table, podium), please report to Facilities (565-2700).
- If you see something else that needs attention (lights out, too hot, etc.), please let us know and we'll report it to the proper department.