Classroom Support Services (CSS) is funded by the Student Technology Use Fee to maintain the instructional technology (IT & AV) in General Purpose Classrooms and Class Laboratories at the University of North Texas.
Each CSS supported space has at least these minimum equipment standards to support instructional activities.
- Instructor computer
- Data projector
- Projection surface
- Laptop computer video and sound connection
- Portable 2-in-1 document camera and webcam
- Speaker system
- Battery backup in case of power failure
Additional Supported Equipment
Some larger CSS supported spaces have additional equipment to enhance the teaching experience. The space may or may not include all listed items.
- Wireless microphone receiver (please contact us to obtain a transmitter)
- Desk mounted visualizer document camera
- Second independently controllable data projector (and computer monitor)
- Experiment camera
- Fixed instructor camera or pan tilt and zoom instructor camera
Requests to add any of these items to a supported room will be considered on a case-by-case basis at our discretion. Please contact us for more information.
Classrooms are monitored by staff Monday - Friday, 7am to 11pm for correct operation, and monitored for security by UNT Police after hours.
- Room technology is monitored for correct operation in real time
- Room technology and environment is evaluated on site every 250 operating hours or every 90 days, whichever comes first
- Time to repair equipment malfunction, except in catastrophic failure, is typically at first class break or within 24 hours
- Instructor assistance is typically handled via telephone and remote control
- In-person technical support is available during operating hours, with a typical response time of 10 minutes (30 minutes for Discovery Park)
All CSS supported spaces are able to receive services listed below.
- Monitoring and maintenance of instructional technology
- Coordinate common goals with other departments
- Train for instructional technology use from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Supply cables, adapters, wireless presenters and microphone transmitters
- Instructional writing utensils including whiteboard markers, chalk and erasers for both with delivery to classrooms as needed
For unsupported departmental classrooms, we can provide research, design, procurement and permanent installation of our standard equipment at our discretion. Please contact us for more information.
Common Service Referrals
We will happily redirect concerns for classroom services not provided by CSS to the appropriate department.
|Canvas, Blackboard, other instructional software||CLEAR Helpdesk||(940) 565 - 2708|
|Ceiling tiles, HVAC, custodial services, locked rooms||Facilities Work Control||(940) 565 - 2700|
|Scheduling, event information, student support||Registrar||(940) 565 - 2111|
|Safety, security, emergency information, evacuation protocols||Risk Management Services||(940) 369 - 6153|
For all emergency situations, please contact UNT Police:
- Emergency: Always call 911
- Non-Emergency support: 940-565-3000